Thursday, January 7, 2010

Tips for using pressed powder to cover up acne?

I have moderate acne and am sick of it showing. I just had a hormonal flare up and tomorrow want to cover my acne up a bit with pressed powder. I am not a makeup (I wear eyeline and occasionally mascara but that's it) wearer, so any tips for using powder to conceal acne? Any tips for blending powder? Also, should powder be used just on your cheeks or on the forehead and chin, too? Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!Tips for using pressed powder to cover up acne?
Honestly, powder is not the best choice to use for covering up acne, but if that is all you have, then we will make it work! (I can feel your pain re: hormonal flare up, too) (smile).





The best thing for you to use would be a creamy/liquid concealor or foundation, then set with powder. But, when using a powder to cover up . . .





Use a small headed brush and dip it in your powder. Tap it directly on your blemish. This step has two benefits: it will give a more concentrated coverage, and also keep things as sanitary as possible. You do not want to keep using your puff that comes with your compact because you will be putting bacteria in the sponge and the powder, and you will never get rid of your acne that way.





Next, set your entire face with a light dusting of powder using a large brush, or the powder puff that comes with your compact.





When just using powder as a setting powder, I would dust it where you are oily, usually that would be your t-zone area (concentrating on your forehead, nose, chin and a bit on your cheeks).





Keep your brushes and puffs clean, and wash your face every night.





Good luck!Tips for using pressed powder to cover up acne?
To cover blemishes or acne is possible with great effect, but be careful to over do it, start by cleansing, and using a light moisturiser, let the moisturiser sit for 5 min. at least, apply a foundation over your entire face, then use cover stick or a cover up cream on the blemished areas, blend in well with your finger, stand back from the mirror and have a look, you should not be able to see any colour variations, get a very light weight powder and dust over the entire face, stand back and have a another look, if your skin blemishes cannot be seen you have done a great job, the reason I say stand back and look at your skin, is because this is how other people will see you, we all look to closely at ourselves, you will look great.
Hi,


I used to have really bad acne right from my teenage years . It was pretty embarassing to go to college with my acne patched face and I was desperate to get rid of it somehow. I took plenty of efforts to keep my face clean all the time and also ate nutritious food and drank lots of water. None of it helped though. I then recently read an article about a lady who got rid of her acne completely using a particular acne product. I tried it and it worked really well. Within 4 weeks my acne was hardly visible. Really good stuff. You can read more about the lady鈥檚 article at the link below.





http://acnevanish.wordpress.com/
a powder will only make it look cakey, so i would not use it. go for a liquid concealer instead. it blends in better. use a big brush and use powder all over. not too much though

No comments:

Post a Comment